2013-02-16

The Sky

Today turned out to be a beautiful day outside, way different from yesterday.


I love clear skies, especially the transparent blue sky with a bit of white clouds floating around. It's refreshing, but the real problem is that it doesn't just make me happy, but it also gives me this empty feeling. Cause the sky never stays the same, right? The sky you're seeing now would never be there for you anymore, NEVER. That's why I feel like I need to lock up every beautiful sky I'm seeing into my heart so that it's a part of me and I won't have to miss it. And that's what makes me want to open my mouth towards the sky, to absorb that fresh and lovely moment into myself (I know it's weird).

I forgot which movie it was, but I remember this great phrase - "I don't like taking pictures, I keep good memories in my heart. And it works, because those memories never fade away." This kind of solved my 'feeling empty when I see beautiful sky' issue. Now I know that I would never forget the feeling I get from the skies, and the memories that come with it.

Clear blue sky isn't the only kind of sky I like. I also enjoy the evening sky with the setting sun, and the dimness that comes after. 


(From the film 'Life Of Pi')


(Niagara On the Lake)

I guess 5:30pm to 6:30pm is the best time of the day during winter. When it starts to get gloomy outside, I keep the lights off in my room and lie on my bed, and stare into the ceiling and listen to melancholy music like The XX and enforce myself to get depressed (since I'm NEVER depressed naturally) or listen to epic music like the soundtrack from 'The Last Samurai' and feel emotional. It makes me relax and it's surely a very important time for me to rest physically and mentally.
I know it's kinda weird but I'm pretty sure that some people would understand. Or maybe it's something related to me liking the feelings of nostalgia...

Anyways, don't freak out when you find me opening my mouth towards the sky or me lying on the bed staring into the ceiling with no lights. It's just me enjoying the time and adjusting to my inner self. 

Cause that's how I do.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿